No Picture
Health Department

5 Quick Tips to Losing Pounds and Loving Life Through Raw and Natural Foods

Throughout life we come across many diets and healthy food eating habits that make you shed a few pounds. The unfortunate fact is that all of these diets depends on you staying on the diets your whole life which leads to malnutrition. I am mainly referring to various detox and exercise diets. In this article, I will give you a few tips on how to stay healthy, while improving your life longevity as well as making you feel better throughout your day. The importance to living a healthy and fulfilled life is achieved by learning the tricks of the trade about raw and natural foods.
Tip #1: Building your list of items
This diet consists of creating a healthy eating lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle consists of eating up to 80% healthy food, while leaving the 20% freedom of eating whatever you choose (i.e. eating a piece of chocolate cake). The 80% healthy food consists of a combination of superfoods, fruits, vegatables, algeas, and herbs. One more crucial item that n bring all of these foods together is buying a great juicer. **
Tip #2: Buying a Juicer
There are 3 types of juicers; Centrifugal, Cold-Press, and Manual.
Cold-Press juicers are the top of the line juicers when it comes to providing the most effective nutrition and juice yields per vegetable/fruit. The downside to Cold-Press juicers are that they run about $400+
Centrifugal juicers are less expensive than Cold-Press, but destroy many of the nutrients in the vegetables and fruit because of the excess heat and pressure. A good centrifugal juicer is around $100+
If all else fails, you can get a Manual juicer. These juicers take a ton of work to use and are not worth the trouble. They are less than $100, but take quite a while and physical labor to just get one glass of juice. On the upside, they do preserve the nutrients just as the cold-press juicers do.
Tip #3: Always shop organic
Many of the mainstream supermarkets claim to be organic, but I don’t trust any of these companies. Shop at your local farmers market, natural foods store, or organic food markets. If all else fails, before you go shopping at a mainstream market, ask the store owner where they get their food and if they know what pesticides go into their food. If they say they have no clue, its not worth it to you to risk your health with the “organic” food that they claim they carry. **
Tip #4: Love to cook organic not only with your family, but your friends too!
It may seem like a challenge to cook all these fruits and vegetables you have laying around the house. There are numerous ways to learn recipes and strategies to improve your cooking style with these natural and raw ingredients. **
Tip #5: Enjoy life
If you follow these simple tips, I guarantee that you will not only enjoy life more, but you will be filled with more energy, as well as lose some pounds of toxins along the way.…