Are You Allergic To Wine?

Are You Allergic To Wine?

Many people like to drink a glass of wine when celebrating special occasions and holidays with friends and family. And who wouldn’t enjoy warming up next to a crackling fire with a delicious pinot noir and a great book? Medical research has indicated that people who drink occasionally actually live longer than people who never drink alcohol. Unfortunately, there are over 300 million people worldwide who have an allergic reaction to wine. The allergic reaction could be immediate or next day – delayed onset symptoms such as headaches, congestion, wheezing, stomach aches or skin rashes.

People can be allergic to any type of alcohol, but red wine seems to be the most common among alcohol allergies. Up to a third of patients with asthma complain that wine will worsen their asthma, less frequently with beer or spirits. Many people think it is the sulfites used as a preservative in wine that causes the allergic reaction. Sulfites comes from sulphur which is a common allergy. Sulphur is found in eggs and medications. However, sulfites onlyA�account for a small portion of wine allergies.A�Sulfites cause little or no problems in most people. It is the “fining” agents, sugar, and pesticides (used to protect the vineyard) that people are allergic to.

Beer, wine, champagne, and other alcoholic beverages contain a complex blend of grapes, yeast, hops, barley, or wheat-derived substances along with natural food chemicals (salicylates), wood-derived substances, or preservatives like sodium metabisulphite. Also, egg and seafood proteins are used ‘to fine’ some wines and beers. Sulfites are added to retard the browning of fruit, vegetables, and seafood, reduce spoilage, and inhibit growth of bacteria during fermentation of wines. Even organic wines will contain some sulfites. Another reason why people may react to wine is that they are sugar sensitive. Grapes are a sugary fruit. Alcohol is metabolized in the body in a similar way as sugar.

It is 100 percent feasible to permanently eliminate a wine allergy. The process is rather quick and inexpensive. I use a holistic approach that naturally reprograms the body to eliminate allergies. As I tap certain acupuncture points while a person is in physical contact with something they are allergic to, blocked energy is released and the body is reprogrammed to accept the energy of the allergy. After the treatment, I verify the allergy has been completely released. Since the body’s immune system no longer reacts against the allergen, the person is no longer allergic to that substance.

Nineteen years ago, when I first learned the NAET technique, one of my first patients was a dentist who loved to sip on a martini and read the newspaper after a day’s work. However, he was allergic to gin. While he was skeptical about a new technique that could cure allergies, he wanted to enjoy a daily time of relaxation. Within six sessions, the dentist’s allergy to martinis was completely resolved. A year later, I phoned him to verify that he was still symptom free. “No problem,” was his response.

I have witnessed many patients have their wine allergy eliminated. It is fun to help people enjoy themselves, live longer, and reduce their allergies.


See also  Smart Tips For Uncovering Attorneys